Formby Little Theatre – a short history Formby Little Theatre can trace its roots back to the Formby Fellowship Players’ Dramatic Society which was formed in 1947. Two plays a year were presented in Holy Trinity Parish Hall until 1954 when a pantomime was added to the season. The group changed its name to Formby Theatre Club in 1968. A growing membership meant that extra small scale productions were included in the programme and both the Youth and Adult sections scored numerous successes at drama festivals throughout the country. In 1974 Formby Theatre Club won the first British All-Winners Festival with its production of Ibsen’s ‘Ghosts’. In 1984, after much fundraising the Club adapted its rehearsal premises into an intimate theatre with a seating capacity of 64! With its own theatre the group added an extra play each year and now presents four productions a season. The Club Joined the Little Theatre Guild of Great Britain in 1989.
Another name change for the group came In June 2000 when it took on its current title of FORMBY LITTLE THEATRE.
Download our past productions list here